In Tarrant County & Dallas County, the most common arrests are for one of the following criminal matters:
- Driving While Intoxicated
- Assault Family Violence
- Theft (including shoplifting)
- Credit/Debit Card Abuse
- Possession of a controlled substance (including dangerous drug)
- Possession of marijuana
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Tampering with government record (fake id, forgery)
- Prostitution/Solicitation of prostitution;
- Evading arrest
- Unlawful carrying of a weapon
- Interfering with a 911 call
- Driving while license invalid (suspended, canceled or revoked)
County clerk records show that the above named criminal offenses comprise over 75% of all the criminal matters in Tarrant and Dallas. The good news is that with the help of a criminal defense attorney, you have a chance at success with your case. With an experienced criminal defense lawyer, the defendant could be placed in a position to have all of the above named offenses dismissed or reduced. Getting crimes dismissed and then expunged or sealed from one’s criminal record or criminal history is very important for many your future.
Employers, now more than ever, are looking at background checks to sort through job candidates. The deciding factor could be a nonsensical arrest that you could have beaten or did beat and didn’t get expunged from your record. If you have been taken into custody for one of the common arrests listed above or any other offense for which you need a criminal defense lawyer, contact Mitch Miers at the Miers Law Firm.